Being a mother is the greatest profession in the world. A mother is the first one who influences a new born baby. The gestation period itself brings a love bond between the mother and the child. The care, nourishment and love a mother provides is unique and is incomparable. A mother fights for her children. She makes sure her dwelling is safe and does everything within her means to bless her children.
In this age where mothers have to work too and thus find less time for it all, what should be her priorities?
1. Never forget the fact that providing for the children shouldn’t be an excuse that you are not spending time with them. If you provide and if the children lose track, what gain is it?
2. Gadgets are not mothers. The more you allow your children to be parented by media, mobiles and games, remember you are sending your children into a web of deception.
3. Model your faith life and prayer life before your children. They should be impacted by the love you show them as you live a life rooted in God’s word.
4. See if there are any negative influences in your children. Weed it out early itself by explaining to your children the side effects of it.
5. Pampering your children with whatever they ask is not love. Love protects the children and works for the best interest of the children.
6. In this busy world and work life, make sure to let your children understand that they are the apple of your eye and they should find God primarily through the life and faith of the mother.
7. Teach the part they play in the Great Commission of the Lord. Train the children to use their time, talents and treasure for the glory of God in and through the local church.
8.Give much importance to Sunday school and the program that feed the children with the word of God.
Appreciate all the mothers for all your hard labor and love to keep your families strong in the Lord.
"When I call to remembrance the unfeigned faith that is in thee, which dwelt first in thy grandmother Lois, and thy mother Eunice; and I am persuaded that in thee also.” (2 Timothy 1:5 KJV)