We pursue things that are tangible and would increase our “worth”. Possession of costly things ofcourse increases a man’s financial worth and clout but if character is bad, it all amounts to nothing. When we pursue worldly gain at any cost it negatively affects us and our descendants. Sadly many go this way, become rich and it becomes a snare for them.
1. Let’s give much importance to development of good traits. When character is built , it influences many and the world becomes a better place.
2. Be vocal about social issues. Never have a blind eye towards pressing issues of the day.
3. Instead of accumulating wealth and running night and day in its pursuit, why don’t we distribute good things to the less fortunate in the society.
4. Stand for the righteous convictions and never follow the negative trend plaguing the society. We can stand up against child abuse, workplace harassment, eve teasing, dowry and other social evils.
5. Have a merciful heart. When there is a need, meet that need.
6. As we take time in building our character and when we are vocal about our righteous convictions, we can bring about a change.
7. The results are obvious. We would have true life, righteousness and honour.
“He that followeth after righteousness and mercy findeth life, righteousness, and honour.”(Proverbs 21:21)